I’m going to hand over the process we’ve been using to kill it on YouTube.
This process taps into 3 key aspects of getting more views on YouTube videos:
- Getting more views from Google Search
- Getting more views from YouTube Search
- Getting more views from YouTube suggested videos (“Up Next”)
Please watch the video above or the accordions below to dive deeper into this process.
- Blogging is getting saturated – video is a way to break through the noise and get attention.
- YouTube is 2nd most used search engine in the world AND you can build a subscriber base that gets push notifications when you publish videos.
- There’s a HUGE traffic potential (and it’s recurring, evergreen).
- We generate almost all of our leads from YouTube (and Facebook) videos.
- Our eCommerce store gets sales from the YouTube videos.
- YouTube is a HIGH authority property, meaning you can get videos to rank easily is Google search. You can use that to highlight good reviews or bury bad ones.
- A lot of people think “video views” is a fluff KPI…It’s NOT. It’s insanely cheap, targeted TV advertising.
- DO NOT miss out on the opportunity to get your brand / face in front of millions of engaged, TARGETED people.
- YouTube can attack multiple parts of your marketing funnel.
- When done properly, you can jam videos down every part of your funnel.
- Get big boy equipment – camera, microphone, screencasting. The quality of your videos is important
- Invest in graphics or video editing – I hired a freelancer for $5/hour, he’s awesome
- Keep it to the point! Your videos should be as long as they need to be
- Have a plan!!! Understand how query types trigger video heavy results (how to, reviews, etc)
- Don’t sell – put value out there through your best tips
Funnel model for how we manage WEBRIS.
Funnel model for how we manage Laces Out.